Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an Examination that primarily tests comprehensive understanding of various Undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Science. The Indian Institute of Science conducts the GATE Examination jointly with various other sectors of the Indian Institute of Technology. The GATE Score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. Admission to Postgraduate education programs in higher education institutes of India requires your GATE Examination Result. GATE is one of the most Competitive Examinations of India. It is also recognised by various institutes which are located outside India, such as the Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. Today, in this article we are going to discuss “Best GATE Books for Civil Engineering 2019“.
GATE Examination for Civil Engineering: Eligibility:
The Eligibility Criteria is:
- First of all, you should hold a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture.
- Also, anyone holding Master’s Degree in the above-mentioned subjects is also eligible.
- Another, candidates in the second or higher year of four-year integrated Master’s Degree on any of those subjects.
- Furthermore, the result of the examination is important too.
- Finally, candidates in the fourth or higher year are eligible for the examination too.
Best GATE Book for Civil Engineering 2019:
Finally, the main part of the article has come. We have mentioned some of the best books for Civil Engineering 2019, they are:
|1||Strength of Material/Mechanics of Structure||Gare and Timoshenko, E. Popove, L. Singer, B.C. Punamia|
|2||Theory of Structures/Analysis of Structures||S. Ramamurtham, L.S. Negi and Jangit, C.S. Reddy, Gupta and Pandit|
|3||Construction Planning and Management||B.C. Punamia/U.K. Shrivastava/Peurifoy|
|4||Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering||Gopal Ranjan and Rao, S.K. Gang, B.C. Punamia|
|5||Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines||Modi and Seth, R.K. Bansal, Jagdish Lal|
|6||Environmental Engineering||B.C. Punamia|
|7||Highway Engineering||Khanna and Justo|
|8||Railway Engineering||Saxena and Arora|
|9||Airport Engineering||Saxena and Arora|
|10||Docks and Harbours'||Rangwala|
|11||Building Materials||Rangwala, M.L. Ganbhir|
|12||R.C.C Design||H.J. Shah, B.C. Punamia|
|13||Steel Design||N. Subhramanian|
|14||Plastic Analysis||Manicka Selvam|
Advantages of solving GATE Sample Papers and Previous Year’s Question Papers:
- Create awareness of important topics.
- And, it enhances knowledge of types of questions to come in the actual examination.
- In addition, it teaches you time management.
- Furthermore, you get to know exam paper scheduling.
- Finally, you will be able to do self-analysis on preparation effort.
- Also, it enables you to improve your speed in attempting the questions.
So this was the complete suggestion from Model Papers team, if you follow this, then you will surely be able to crack the Civil Engineering Examination that’s too with a quality result.